Why have composite bonding?
- Unlike other types of restorative and cosmetic treatments, there is no need to remove any of the tooth to make space for the restoration.
- The treatment is quick. There is no need to take impressions or have restorations built in the lab. Everything happens in our practice.
- As we can match the composite to your tooth colour, it’s a very aesthetic treatment.
What is involved in the treatment?
- We first dry the tooth and prepare the surface with a special acidic gel. This creates a rough surface for the composite to properly bond to.
- We apply the composite in layers, gradually building up the shape.
- Using a blue light, we harden the resin in its desired shape.
- We then polish the composite so it looks just like a natural tooth.